Addressing The Problem's Source
The real issue as we see is that there are a RANGE of issues that can be involved in creating the condition. But, the good news is that causes of fibromyalgia tend to be from food sensitivities, gut infections and vitamin deficiencies. (There are also some environmental toxins and genetic issues that can be involved).
- Gluten Intolerance - whose symptoms manifest not necessarily only in the digestive tract but neurologically - pain, cognitive impairment, sleep disturbances, behavioral issues, fatigue and depression
- Yeast (Candida) Overgrowth – as a fungus, yeast is in your intestines. When overproduced it breaks down the wall of the intestines, penetrates the bloodstream and releases toxic byproducts into your body that cause brain fog, fatigue, digestive issues, and pain (Almost every patient with fibromyalgia will have had Candida overgrowth.)
- Thyroid Issues
- Vitamin Deficiencies - Magnesium, vitamin D and B12 deficiencies are the most common vitamin issues noted in the American population that has fibromyalgia.
- Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) and Leaky Gut– bad diet (sugar,) high gluten use and antibiotics are key causes
- Adrenal Fatigue –food issues, including gluten are culprits
- Mycotoxins produced by toxic molds
- Mercury Toxicity–old amalgam fillings or exposure to heavy metals are responsible
- MTHFR Mutations –of the MTHFR gene 10.Glutathione Deficiency – a nutritional issue (related to antioxidants)
Active Edge can definitely help you develop a plan to eliminate the dietary “bad guys” and to incorporate other elements – such as supplements and even physical activity – to relieve the symptoms.
Active Edge is the right choice for true healing
You know there is something wrong, but no one is listening. All of your tests are "normal" and you're struggling to be heard.
Sound familiar? We hear you!
Participating in a functional medicine program means:
- Learning how to understand your body as a whole
- Regaining your body's natural ability to communicate with itself
- Finding the tools you need to regain the vitality you long for
A Comprehensive Approach to Chiropractic Care
Using multiple unique modalities to achieve wellness
Our unique approach gives our patients the tools they need to heal effectively and to prevent future recurrences.
We combine therapies as needed to address the root factors of each problem.
- Manual muscle therapies
- Joint manipulation
- Rehabilitative exercise
- Nutritional counseling
Reducing Pain. Promoting Health.
Featured on ABC6 News Columbus, learn how Dr. Erik Hensel and Dr. Craner of Active Edge Chiropractic & Functional Medicine helped Kayleigh Scott not only get total pain relief from her post concussion headaches, but also avoid an expensive neck surgery procedure!
Based in Columbus, Ohio; Active Edge Chiropractic & Functional Medicine's Chiropractors and Functional Medicine Practitioners follow a comprehensive method to finding and treating the causes of your injuries and disease, not just treating the symptoms.
At Active Edge Chiropractic, we measure health by how you move and feel. Let us show you how we can help you Get Your Edge.
Get The Latest Health Tips: Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Our Patients Say:
“After one session I felt a lot better and had more movement than I’d had in over a month. Three weeks later and some follow up advice and I feel almost 100% again.”
“I have been to many doctors over the years seeking a cure for my TMJ and chronic migraines. For the first time, I am pain free.”
"Without pause I would recommend Dr Hensel and Active Edge Chiropractic to anyone dealing with pain.”